September 12, 2009

The Solvang Motorcycle Museum




I wish I knew that there is a motorcycle museum in Solvang, CA. All those times that I've been in that town I never knew. Next time I pass by that town I'm gonna stop by (I think it's about 3 or 4 hours from north LA). If you haven't been in Solvang, I recommend you visit that town. It is an old Danish town where there is also another museum called "Mendenhall Museum of Gasoline" memorabilia, and other small additional museums The town is sort of like the little towns in fairy books.

Anyway, this museum has a collection of motorcycles from all over the world. The old ones were the best. Those always remind me of the Marlon Brandon movie "The Wild One".

The Solvang Motorcycle Museum
http://www.motosolvang.com/

A bit of information about Solvang's museums

The Museums of the Valley

http://www.solvangca.com/museum/index.htm

2 comments:

Brenda Ball said...

Hi, the Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum is a must see when in Solvang. They are open on weekends and they will open just for you if you call ahead. Jill the lady who is in charge of the museum is a very delightful lady and she knows all about the motorcycles.

Solvang is a short 2 and a half hour drive from downtown LA. Go to our official Solvang CVB website at http://www. SolvangUSA.com for more info.

Daphna said...

Now I really want to visit it! Too bad it's too far from San Francisco. I need a good reason to drive all the way down to Solvang.

Thank you, Brenda, for posting your link.