September 2, 2009

The Mysteries Of Bad Movies.


Do you remember a tv show called "Mystery Science Theater 3000"? It first ran on KTMA then it was on the SciFi channel. The show ran from 1988 to 1990. They'd showed bad movies. There was a host and a robot called Crow T. Robot who made comments about the movies. They always sat at the first row. You'd see their backs in the dark. I hadn't realized that they have a web site. I totally forgot about this show 'till now. It is a nice site. Some good stuff. It was a bummer when the show got canceled, but it's nice to see that they have a web site.

Mystery Science Theater 3000

http://www.mst3k.com/

If you want to learn more about the show check out Wikipedia. There is an extensive review of the show. Here is a short excerpt with a short description "The series features a man and his robot sidekicks who are trapped on a satellite in space by an evil scientist and forced to watch a selection of bad movies, especially (but not initially limited to) science fiction B-movies." The introduction goes further on. I'm afraid I'll be accused of plagiarism if I continue it.

Wikipedia Mystery Science Theater 3000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000

2 comments:

Amanda Meuwissen said...

I remember! I even posted a blog about MST3K myself this morning. If you don't know about RiffTrax.com or Cinematic Titanic, both are run by the different hosts of MST, and offer some fun alternatives to the show no longer being on the air. Definitely worth a look!

If you care to check it out, my post is at: http://www.geekgirlgamut.com/2009/09/03/mystery-science-theater-3000-generation-movietalkers/

Daphna said...

Yeah, I've seen the Cinematic Titanic, but I can't recall the RiffTrax. I like your post at your site. It was great. You got some good stuff. I know what you mean about people who talk during the movie. My problem is modstly with the little children who sit in front of me constantly moving around and talking. Also, children who kick my seat from behind.

I did have problem with your link because I got an error message. I did eventually find the error in the original link you gave here. The link you gave me had "/2009/09/03/" in the url. I found it with the date as "/2009/09/04/". So a minor error here. ;-)

Thank you for posting in my site.