April 9, 2009

Cold War Museum



* Note: This site is very "textual". It's mostly text. There are photos of mostly war airplane and ships.

This is a real museum located in Lorton , Virginia. The Cold War Museum is as you can see from the name, is all about the things that are related to that era. There is a time line that starts in the 1940's 's. There are relatively extended online exhibits which which I strongly recommend to take a look at if you like to read. Since the Cold War was between Russia/Soviet Union and the US, this site covers both countries. The exhibitions covers Berlin wall as well. Cuba Missile Crisis, Space Race and basically wars all around the world, even the Six Say war and more.. There is even a small section for Cold War Artwork. So, there are wide spectrum of this museum.

Those who are interested in Cold War era might find this pretty helpful, There is a lots information about aviation. I was just a kid back then (during the 70's), but I remember hearing these words a lot "Cold War". I didn't understand at the time what it really means, But years later, after watching movies like War Games, it struck me how serious it is. I am glad it didn't become a reality. I think this is a great site. This site is quite updated. If you are writing an essay, you'll have plenty to read. it is heavy with text. There aren't many photos, except for aviation, war ships and missiles (probably because this is an online exhibition). I'm guessing there are more at the location itself. Also, don't forget to check out the Man Gallery video under "Museum".

They have TONS of links. It would take me forever to look at each link! They have links for Media, Cold War Info and Veteran's links, Commercial Links, Episonage Information and Organizations, Government Links, Museum and Memorials, and Misc Links. You can choose whichever topic you want. I of course liked the Museum links. Since I have not checked them all, I can't verify if these links are good. i got some expired ones. I don't think this section is very updated I guess. It's such as shame that now the developing countries have not learned from the Cold War ,mistakes.

OK. enough talking..

Cold War Museum
http://www.coldwar.org/index.html

No comments: