March 28, 2009

Very Polish Posters Straight From Poland


This is a Polish poster site. I have not seen all posters, but have seen many of them, and so far, I've been impressed with most of them. My favorite thing about the site, was how they designed the American movies posters. It's so amazing, some of these designs threw me off, I would have never guessed what movies they were supposed to be if not for the translation for the name of the movie. Their design style is nothing like the original American style movie poster. I barely even recognize Charlie Brown. It's very foreign like. Some of them are actually creepy, it made me wonder if the artists actually saw the movie before designing the posters, because some of the designs seem way off track.

There is an English translation for the posters. So basically, there poster covers fir movies, theaters, music, circus and other posters.

You can also browse through artist names. This site also sells books. I recommend you check the site map as well.

You can probably guess what most of the posters above are. The one with the elephant is for a circus poster and the lady on the low right is a Madam Butterfly opera poster.

As for Tootsie, I prefer the American style ;-)

Polish Poster Gallery
http://www.poster.com.pl/

No comments: