May 18, 2008

Gas Prices Global Update

Update: This is a follow up from my earlier post.

I just came across the Australian Institute Of Petroleum (AIP). It has charts for the global petrol and diesel prices (taxes include) in 2007 for OECD countries. I believe OECD stands for "Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development "

So, it looks like Turkey had the highest petrol prices in 2007, while Switzerland had the highest diesel prices. Their taxes are very high too. Wow! Mexico did the best in both categories. If you look at the "bigger picture", you'll see that the US prices are nothing compare to those other countries. Wow! I guess I should feel blessed I don't have to pay like $8 per gallon.

AIP International Price Comparison
http://www.aip.com.au/pricing/internationalprices.htm


No comments: