February 14, 2008

Shhh, I'm Recording..



This site is basically about the recording machines' (such as answering machines, phonograph, recorders, 8-Track tapes, the Ipsophon and more) impact on our culture since 1890 to present. The site is basically splits into three topics: Technology, Industry and Culture. There is a lot of text (but they do have a handful of pictures too), but it's easy to read it and follow it. I recommend that you use the site map to browse around. I find it's easier to navigate that way. My favorite section is the history of the answering machine. The pictures, above are my favorite as well. These are pictures of an early answering machine, and a talking doll (she is kinda scary, isn't she?). Unfortunately, The site is incomplete, but worths checking since there is plenty to see.

The History of Recording Technology
http://www.recording-history.org/


No comments: