January 15, 2008

Flickr - Bonito Club's Mid Century Ship Interiors


The only time that I've been on a cruise ship, was a crappy one. Nothing like the "Love Boat". Not even close. The conditions were terrible. The rooms were small. The shower was between the toilet and the sink, all in the same space. There was a drainage in the floor for the water. You had a hose hooked up to the sink to take a shower. I kid you not! Not much room at all. It was hot and humid inside the ship. We had potatoes all week, in different forms each day.. baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, this and that potatoes.. . I could go on and on about that ship. The best part though, was watching the dolphins who were swimming around the ship, and passing through the Gibraltar Rocks..

In short, it was certainly, nothing like these "vintage ships" that you'll see here.

Mid Century Ships
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonitoclub/sets/72157594434118725/


2 comments:

Bonito Club said...

When I sailed on the Canberra as a kid I ordered the same meal for lunch and dinner every day, savoury mince, mashed potatoes and chips. Actually, on the menu they were called "chipped potatoes" and it was also called "luncheon" not lunch. I thought that all sounded very grown up.

Daphna said...

Ha. I know what you mean about the "luncheon". I've never heard of "chipped potatoes" before. It's interesting how different countries have different versions. Like, "chips" instead of "french fries".