December 27, 2007

What A Lonely World

I know this is pretty much old news already (July). But I recently watched YouTube - the video that came with the original article "Earth Without People". The article is a review about a book called "The World without Us" by Alan Weisman. I felt it would be a good clip to post here still.

I've often wondered what would happen if one day we all disappear. It is a bit eerie to watch this short video.

The video shows what could happen to the earth if we no longer existed. How will the earth evolve (or should I say digress)? Watching the video reminded me of The Time Machine movies (which are by the way, nothing like the original book). It also reminded me a bit of a campy movie called The Night of The Comet where people turned into orange dust...Here is the original article from Scientific American and the video:

American Scientific
http://sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=2691D716-E7F2-99DF-38F54EF6075AAB4D

However, it was YouTube where I actually saw the video for the first time. So if you are into a bigger format, then I suggest YouTube..



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5wP6m0d0xc

No comments: