September 10, 2007

September 10, 2007

Sep 10, 2007

Today I made some changes to the blog's format. I have enabled comments from users. However, I am still unable to figure out why I can't highlight the links. The code I've tried does not work the way I'd like to. So for now, you'll have to use the "copy" and "paste" method, while I'm trying to figure out the problem.

Another change that I've decided to make is not to use a theme for each day. I realized that it will limit me, and won't serve much purpose.

ARTHUR RADENBAUGH
Arthur Radenbaugh (1906-1974) was a top commercial illustrator to highly known companies. He worked in Detroit from the 1930's to the 1960's. He was an incredible futuristic artist. Quite amazing I'd say.

http://www.palaceofculture.org/radebaugh.html
Update 1/3/10: link expired

BAD FADS MUSEUM
Do you remember Rubik's Cube? The Hacky Sack? Pet Rock? Hula Hoop? Op-Yop? I don't see the Banana seat bike here though.

http://www.badfads.com/

DIGITAL DELI
These are the "Golden Era Eateries" that still exist. There is a logo next to the brief history of each restaurant. Plenty of nostalgia even if you are not old enough to reminiscence those days. Even Nathan's is included.

http://www.digitaldeliftp.com/Recommendations/retro07.html

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Daph-
So glad you now have your very own place to showcase your discoveries!
Look out blogosphere~ Daphna's links are here!
Best-
jill

Andreas said...

Soon Daph will add Adsense and start to make money with this :- )

Anonymous said...

Hi Daph -

Looks like you're figuring it all out. You're getting there!

Mary

Jamie said...

Funny you mentioned "pet rock",
a couple of days ago a friend
was saying I needed a "familiar"
(aka "pet")

I responded with, "how abut a pet rock, do you remember those?"

Dennis Wayne Morgan Photography said...

So good to see your working it all out ... I also have to approve comments it's just better that way ... when I get email links from you I also must do the copy paste thing same as your blog the links don't work...anyways good luck ... Dennis and Cliffton

Asild said...

Hi Daphna-
A blog is a natural for your talents and I'm glad you're getting over your initial misgivings. After all, this site is just a bigger pond to play in.

Have fun...you never know where it might lead.

-Leese

Anne said...

Hey Daph--looks good! Congrats on the new blog!

Daphna said...

Thank you everyone for your encouragements and comments!

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great, Daph! Glad you're online!!! :)

-Amika

Daphna said...

Thank you, Amika, glad to see you ;-)